Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives Surveys are a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the surveys, how they work – and the results from our latest reports.
- Innovative safeguarding campaign We team up with the LTA to deliver new Safe to Play safeguarding campaign using augmented reality.
- TIED projects engage 5,000 Almost a year on from the TIED recipients being announced we take a look at what we're learning from them.
- Desire for lasting cycling legacy Places to Ride scheme aims to build a lasting cycling legacy after successful Road World Championships.
- Costs rising for young athletes SportsAid survey shows importance of programmes like Backing the Best to talented young sportspeople.
- Improving diversity of sports boards We've teamed up with UK Sport to help address representation inequalities on boards in the sports sector.
- Major new campaign launched We Are Undefeatable will inspire those with long-term health conditions to build physical activity into their lives.
- Helping disabled people get active We’ve awarded national charity Sense more than £1.3 million of National Lottery funding.
- Get ready for a birthday party How you can help celebrate the huge difference the National Lottery has made to society.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our Evaluation Framework will help you design and deliver an effective evaluation for your sport and physical activity project.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.