“While Sen. Murkowski is still reviewing the newly released draft EIS, she continues to believe that certain areas of the NPR-A, such as Teshekpuk Lake, need to be managed so that their ecological and habitat values are protected,” said Tonya Parish, press secretary for the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
The 36th annual Gingerbread House Contest had approximately 30 entries that included some familiar scenes, such as Hogwarts, the Mattress Ranch and the Iditarod finish line.
A technical document posted on a state website says that many recipients of Adult Public Assistance in Alaska will see a cut in their benefits of $100 a month or so on Jan. 1, but the state h…
Latest News from The Associated Press
- Saudi gunman tweeted against US before naval base shooting
- Sesame Street puppeteer Caroll Spinney dies at age 85
- Minnesota National Guard identifies 3 killed in copter crash
- Climate scientists try to cut their own carbon footprints
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump and the people he forgets he knew
- Official: Base shooter watched shooting videos before attack
- Family recounts heroics of fallen son in Pensacola shooting
- Aging survivors return to Pearl Harbor to recall '41 attack
- Chicago Cubs facing federal review over Wrigley Field access
- Pearl Harbor shooting unfolded in 23 seconds in packed area